Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Fordo enrichment facility September 2009 Fordo enrichment facility January 28, 2013
The past 24 hours had been an agonizing period for intrepid former CIA-spy, Reza Kahlili. In a recent WorldNetDaily article, he had presented both confirmation of the alleged event that occurred on January 21st. The sources he cited indicated the blast had trapped more than 200 people underground including, 15 North Korean ‘visitors”. Further, his sources described in detail scenes from secret CCTV video inside Fordo of the North Korean visitors and the explosion. The hiatus occurred when Reuters reported that the International Atomic Energy Administration, the UN’s nuclear watchdog, denied that the Fordo explosion had occurred. That was construed tobe support of Iran's demial of such reports.
The latest Kahlili article reported the IAEA appears to backtrack on its denial of the alleged Fordo enrichment facility explosion. Further, when prompted by WND it refused to disclose that whether it has inspected the underground cascade hall at Fordo burrowed deep into a mountain near Qom, Iran.
Ambassador John Bolton in The Algemeiner indicated that the IAEA’s chief inspector was not even present in Iran at the time;
Meanwhile, on Jan. 18, Herman Nackaerts, the chief inspector of the International Atomic Energy Agency, returned to Vienna from Iran after once again being barred from inspecting the Parchin military facility, where weaponization work has likely been underway. The charade of talks about the inspection will resume on Feb. 12. The Iranian regime is also toying with the West on restarting more general negotiations about its nuclear program.
Further , this latest WND report by Reza Kahlili indicates that President Ahmadinejad has also taken action against officials of the Iranian Atomic Development Agency. Perhaps the mounting confirmations might also reply to the denials of the Fordo event by White House spokesman, Jay Carney.
Here is the exchange with the IAEA spokesperson from today’s WND report by Kahlili:
In a statement to Reuters, IAEA spokeswoman Gill Tudor implied the U.N. agency had inspected the site after the reported explosions and affirmed Tehran’s insistence that the report was false.
But when asked by WND, Tudor would not confirm or deny the incident.
“The agency does not evaluate matters in Iran other than those directly relating to its nuclear verification work, so although we’re aware of these media reports, we are not in a position either to confirm or deny them,” Tudor said in an email to WND.
“That said,” she continued, “I’m sure you are aware that agency inspectors regularly visit Iranian nuclear facilities under the IAEA’s safeguards agreement with that country. (You will find more information on the IAEA’s safeguards mandate and activities in Iran at http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/focus/iaeairan/index.shtml.)
“We understand Iran has denied that there has been an incident at Fordow, and this is consistent with our observations,” Tudor said.
However, in a follow-up inquiry by WND to verify if the IAEA had inspected the site since the report of the explosions, Tudor refused to answer.
“I’m very sorry but I can’t go into any further details on ongoing safeguards work, which is conducted with a high level of confidentiality,” she replied.
Separately, the Institute for Science and International Security has obtained a satellite image of the Fordow site dated Jan. 22, one day after the incident. The photo shows no unusual activity on the surface. However, WND’s original report indicated the regime did not initially make an effort to rescue the workers trapped inside.
Kahlili noted the fallout at the Iran Atomic agency, perhaps as a result of the alleged Fordo event:
A source in Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s office told WND the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, will be replaced because of the leaked news on Fordow and the delay in the talks with the 5-plus-1 powers over Iran’s nuclear development. The 5-plus-1 nations are the permanent Security Council members Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States plus Germany.
He goes on to cite sources who identify IRGC uncovering and thwarting previous covert attacks on Fordo and other Islamic regime nuclear facilities:
A source in the regime’s Revolutionary Guards intelligence unit told WND the situation in Iran is troubling. He reported an explosion at the Guards’ Hamzeh 21 base and the discovery of two bombs at the secret nuclear plant in Najaf Abad. He said Quds Force officers have been ordered to Lebanon to assist Hezbollah in evacuating some of the southern villages in what appears to be planned aggression against Israel.
WND reported Jan. 21 that the regime’s intelligence agency received information of major covert operations planned by Israel and other countries to set back Iran’s nuclear program while avoiding a larger-scale war.
“The enemies intended to repeat a Chernobyl-like disaster through selling (booby-trapped) equipment and blowing up the centrifuges at the Fordow site, but their plot was discovered and foiled by the Iranian scientists’ wisdom and tact,” Abbas-Ali Mansouri, a member of the Iranian parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, was quoted as saying by Fars News Agency.
The head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, told Fars that separate attacks on Iran’s centrifuges – through tiny explosives meant to disable key parts of the machines – were discovered before the blasts could go off on timers.
Ultimately to confirm that something happened on January 21, 2013, we need satellite imagery over several days to observe whether there have been possible changes to Fordo's surface facilities including the presence of the I.R.G.C. drilling team as previously reported by Kahlili. As noted in this latest report by Kahlili, the Washington, DC –based Institute for Science and International Security had obtained a satellite image of the site on January 22nd, indicating no apparent changes on the surface. Then there is the matter of physical evidence of removal of bodies of victims in the alleged blast and treatment of survivors. Ultimately, most damning of the news blackout by the Islamic Regime to have surfaced time date stamped stills from the CCTV system described in the last report by Kahlili. Credit must be given to Kahlili and others in the Iranian opposition who are doggedly following this story at great risk. Stay tuned for further developments.
Posted on 01/30/2013 4:20 PM by Jerry Gordon
30 Jan 2013
In true WND style, the title is misleading. The article states: "Tudor would not confirm or deny the incident."