Listen to an Interview with Israeli Amb. (ret.) Yoram Ettinger on 1330AMWEBY, Tuesday Feb. 5, 2013
Listen to the latest in a series of international discussions on developments in the Middle East on 1330AMWEBY, Pensacola, Florida. This is the latest program in the periodic round table discussions led by “Your Turn” host Mike Bates and Jerry Gordon, Senior Editor of the New English Review and author of The West Speaks. Our guest will be Ambassador (ret.) Yoram Ettinger of The Ettinger Report and Director of The Second Initiative. He will speak at a series of events co-sponsored by B’nai Israel Synagogue and First Pentecostal Church, Pensacola, Florida over Presidents’ Day Weekend, February 15th to 17th 2013.
Ambassador Ettinger is a noted lecturer, writer and analyst of Israel and US relations. A graduate of the University of Texas at El Paso, he also received a Masters degree from UCLA. Ettinger has been a consultant to Israel’s Cabinet Members, to Israeli legislators and to the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on US-Israel bilateral relations, US policy and Mideast politics. He has briefed US legislators and their staffs. Ettinger has been frequently interviewed on Israeli TV and radio and published in Israel's dailies, as well as US radio stations and dailies. He is Executive Director of "Second Thought – A U.S. Israel Initiative," dedicated to generate out-of-the-box thinking on US-Israel relations, Middle East politics, the Palestinian issue, Jewish-Arab demographics, Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria. His columns appear frequently in Israel Hayom in Israel and USA Today. He currently serves as a Member of the Board of Directors of Mekorot, Israel’s Water Company.
The WEBY program will air Tuesday, February 5, 2013 during the 5 to 6:00PM CST (6:00 to 7:00PM EST) segment. You may listen live here.
Among the topics to be discussed:
• The emerging coalition from the January 22, 2013 General Knesset Elections;
• Proposals for possible annexation of Area C in Judea and Samaria;
• President Obama’s nomination of former Nebraskan Senator Chuck Hagel as US Secretary of Defense and Assistant to the President for Counterterrorism and Homeland Security John Brennan;
• Impact of the IAF Syrians raids that hit a convoy with advanced SA-17 mobile anti-aircraft missile systems bound for Hezbollah and the destruction of a CW/BW complex at a Syrian military research and development center;
• Israel’s ability to defend its civilian population from retaliation by Iran via its proxies and allies Hezbollah, Hamas and Syria;
• The problematic US shipment of F-16’s and M1A1 tanks to arm Egypt with a Muslim Brotherhood President in the face of opposition riots, and a failing economy and inability to feed its own people;
• The dangers to Israel and the West of a emerging alliance between the Shiite Mahdist Iran and Muslim Brotherhood dominated Egypt;
• Whether the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan can survive a threat from a rising Muslim Brotherhood and a restive Palestinian majority;
• The geo-resource implications of Israel’s development and production of significant offshore natural gas fields and onshore shale oil deposits with American energy partners; and,
• Israel’s changing demographics with rising Jewish and stable Arab fertility.
An article based on this 1330AMWEBY international round table discussion will appear in the February 2013 edition of the New English Review.