Crossword Competition Rules
1) New English Review is the promoter of, and the only organisation responsible for, this prize puzzle competition in every way.
2) New English Review will not consider entries submitted after, or delivered after, or arriving, by any means whatsoever, after the closing date and time.
3) The closing date and time for this competition is midnight Greenwich Mean Time, 18:00 hours U.S.A. Central Standard Time, on the thirty first of December 2016.
4) Employees of, and contributors to (including, but not necessarily limited to, all unsolicited or solicited freelance contributors whether or not any submissions from them have been published by New English Review or any Corporation, Organisation, individual or Company associated in any way whatsoever with New English Review), New English Review, Lexcentrics Limited, User Management Limited and ICG Link, Inc. and their immediate families defined as, but not necessarily limited to, siblings and their spouses and/or partners and offspring, offspring and their spouses and/or partners and their offspring, spouses and/or partners and their offspring, parents and grandparents, are excluded from entering this competition.
5) There is no cash equivalent available or offered or implied as being offered or available in place of the offered prize.
6) There are no other prizes but the one offered.
7) No one person can receive more than one of the same prize offered over multiple months even if the person wins on more than one of those months.
8) New English Review does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for the late arrival of any entry to this prize puzzle competition whatsoever for any reason whatsoever. Proof of posting, or proof of electronic submission over the Internet or the World Wide Web, before the closing date and time as given in Rule 3, above, does not, will not, and cannot, constitute proof of timeous receipt of such an entry by New English Review.
9) The winner of this prize puzzle competition will be decided by the Editor of New English Review, solely and only, drawing at random, and at some time after the prize puzzle competition's closing date and time has passed determined solely by him or her, from all the correct entries received before the closing date and time.
10) The Laws of the United States of America, or any State of that Union, including the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in force at the time that this competition is/was available to the public for entry will be paramount and decisive in any dispute concerning any aspect of this puzzle competition whatsoever and no other legal jurisdiction, or jurisdictions, whatsoever will or can be recognised in any matter whatsoever connected with, pertaining to, or otherwise having to do with, this prize puzzle competition.
11) If no valid correct entry is received then the Editor of New English Review reserves the right, solely at his or her discretion, to either withdraw the prize offered and declare this prize puzzle competition null and void, or to offer the prize again in some future puzzle competition, or to determine a winner of the prize by the Editor drawing randomly a winner from such entries as may have been received that has only one error or point of difference from the wanted and assumed correct set of answers as provided by Lexcentrics Limited to New English Review.
12) The wanted and assumed correct set of answers as provided by Lexcentrics Limited to New English Review and accepted by New English Review as being the wanted and correct said set of answers are not in any event whatsoever or in any way whatsoever open to any challenge legal or otherwise by any person, persons, Corporation, Company, or any entity or entities legally recognised or otherwise in any legal jurisdiction whatsoever where so ever situated, recognised, incorporated, registered or otherwise at any time or in any legal jurisdiction.
13) If Rule 11, above, if used, and such use is solely at the discretion of the Editor of New English Review, fails to produce a winner then this puzzle competition will be declared null and void by New English Review and the offered prize will be used, used again, or withdrawn, solely at the Editor's discretion.
14) Submitting any entry whatsoever in any form whatsoever to or for this prize puzzle competition is an implicit and explicit willing acceptance of all the rules herein contained and published and is an implicit and explicit willing acceptance that the only legal jurisdiction operative on or pertaining to this prize puzzle competition is that defined at Rule 10, above.
15) No purchase is necessary in order to enter this prize puzzle competition.
16) Entries can be submitted either by using the electronic means of submission provided with the playable online prize puzzle competition as published at New English Review's web site or by printing off and filling in the prize puzzle and posting the completed entry to PO Box 158397 Nashville TN 37215 U.S.A. in time to arrive there before the closing date and time as given in Rule 3, above.
17) The decision, or decisions, of the Editor of New English Review in all and every matter, or matters, pertaining to this prize puzzle competition, is, and are, final.
Most recent posts at The Iconoclast
01/20/2018Newham school caves in under pressure
01/20/2018In Search of Justice in France
01/19/2018A Perspective on Peru
01/18/2018Vote Early and Often For Milos Zeman
01/17/2018The Exhausted Racism Charge
01/17/2018DACA: The House We Live In
01/16/2018Color and Cliterature