I had wondered what happened to this. I missed it last week until now. From Metro
The Crown Prosecution Service said there was not enough evidence to prosecute any of the four men detained.
Footage of the incident on Finchley Road in north London in March last year went viral, with even then prime minister Boris Johnson condemning the scenes.
The Metropolitan Police announced they had identified the vehicle and four men were arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated public order offences and were released on bail.
But the CPS took the decision not to prosecute two of the men in July with a further decision now made not to prosecute the remaining two suspects. The damage they caused on route (the scenic route) when they made a detour on their way to London from Yorkshire to Salford Greater Manchester to damage cars belonging to members of the Manchester Jewish community was quickly forgotten, other than by those with local connections.
The Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA) has condemned the decision to drop charges.
A CAA spokesman said: ‘The Director of Public Prosecutions must immediately explain this decision or resign. If the CPS is incapable of bringing to justice the people who drove through London in broad daylight on camera calling for the rape of Jewish women and girls, then it has reached the absolute pinnacle of pointlessness.’
The men, who denied wrongdoing, had been charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words, or behaviour, with intent, likely to stir up racial hatred, but the cases will not go to trial.
The Home Secretary, Suella Braverman (who does not have direct authority for the CPS) is concerned. From Jewish News; HT/Jihadwatch.
Home Secretary Suella Braverman has expressed concern about law enforcement in relation to antisemitic hate crime in the wake of the decision to drop charges in the Palestine car convoy case.
Braverman had been asked by Labour MP Carolyn Harris at a parliamentary committee to consider a “review” into “how the police and the CPS” had looked into the Palestine car convoy case, after charges against the remained two suspects were dropped last week.
The home secretary told the home affairs select committee hearing on Wednesday: “I do share your concern that enforcing against it (antisemitic hate crime) is, in some regards, not sufficiently done. . . (it is a) “sorry state of affairs” when the community had to rely on the “fantastic work” of the CST because “they have not been able to rely on public policing and law enforcement.”
She said she recognised that the CPS acted independently of the home office, but added “we have communities who are very scared, very concerned and very marginalised that this kind of behaviour has gone unchallenged.”
Readers will remember that only last week the CPS had to be practically coerced into charging a Muslim man responsible for several unprovoked assaults on Jewish men in Stamford Hill (also north London) with the more serious religiously aggravated offences.