From the local Yorkshire newspaper The Star There was very little, indeed no, publicity from court each day, but the trial has produced convictions.
As five members of a sickening sex abuse gang from Rotherham are found guilty of raping and sexually exploiting two young girls over a period of two years, we outline the role of each defendant.
It took a jury six hours to return a unnanimous verdict this afternoon, convicting five men of 21 offences relating to the sexual exploitation of two young girls that took place in the Eastwood area of Rotherham between 1999 and 2001. Three of the men - Basharat, Nassar and Tayab Dad - involved in the gang are brothers.
Judge Sarah Wright has adjourned the case until February 2, when all five men will be sentenced.
During the three-week long trial at Sheffield Crown Court, the jury heard evidence from both victims that detailed the sexual abuse and exploitation they suffered at the hands of the child abuse gang.
THE ROLE AND CONVICTION OF EACH DEFENDANT:
- Tayab Dad of St Lawrence Road, Tinsley, Sheffield, rape.
- Basharat Dad, 31, of Eldon Road, Rotherham, six counts of rape, five counts of indecent assault, two counts of sexual intercourse with a girl under 13.
- Nassar Dad, 35, of Cranworth Road, Rotherham, has been convicted of two counts of rape, two counts of sexual intercourse with a girl under 13, one count of inciting indecency with a child.
- Nassar and Basharat Dad have been jointly convicted of false imprisonment.
- Nassar Dad was acquitted of one charge of rape and one charge of inciting indecency with a child
Pictured top row left to right: Tayab Dad, Nasar Dad, Basharat Dad
Bottom row left to right: Matloob Hussain, Mohammed Sadiq, Amjad Ali
The newspaper precises the evidence here
Amazon donates to World Encounter Institute Inc when you shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/56-2572448. #AmazonSmile #StartWithaSmile