I can't find this anywhere other than the Scottish Sun, and certain news outlets that are repeating it from them. This is the unbowed Fahenheit 211 with his opinion. The original source for the Scottish Sun, which they credit and link, is the Express; but I can't find it on the Express on-line site any more. It may still be there, but I can't find it.
COPS took down a huge asylum seeker grooming gang in Glasgow - but kept it secret. The gang preyed on vulnerable young girls in the city, and had at least 44 victims, including a core group of six youngsters who were all known to each other. . . .55 suspected members of the vile group were identified by officers, with 46 positively identified.
All were asylum seekers from the Kurdish, Afghani, Egyptian, Moroccan, Turkish, Pakistani or Iraqi communities. So not all 'Asian' but I bet their religion links them.
Operation Cerrar was kept under wraps by Police Scotland, and has now come to light after an investigation by the Daily Express.
Cops say 19 members were reported to the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal, but its unknown how many were convicted.
Briefings from the 2016 operation are stored in the archives of the Glasgow Child Protection Committee.
The horrifying extent of the gang's activities was laid bare in a National Child Abuse Investigation Unit report by Detective Inspector Sarah Taylor.
22 of the suspects were still living in Glasgow at the time, with a further eight still thought be in the UK. 14 had been deported, with another awaiting deportation and one in prison.
Under the heading 'Victims', the report states: "Girl 1 - 28 suspects, Girl 2 - 23 suspects, Girl 3 - 9 suspects, Girl 4 - 8 suspects, Girl 5 - 4 suspects, Girl 6 - 1 suspect. All are known to one another. 20 other named girls believed to be victims. A further 18 girls were identified through the course of the current investigation."
Cops say they used "disruption tactics" including intelligence gathering, covert policing, financial and "lifestyle" profiling - looking at the suspects' associates, vehicles and employment.. . grooming and trafficking legislation, preventative orders and immigration status to take down the offenders. Asked why Operation Cerrar was not made public, a police source said: "We need to be very clear that we always carefully consider when and what information to release in relation to ongoing investigations to protect vulnerable victims and the integrity of the inquiry."
The comments are robust and forthright.
- censorship by the Scottish government this problem is as bad if not worse than Rotherham these girls are being preyed on by dangerous individuals in mass numbers check out Facebook and ask the question and see how big the problem really is
- yet more enrichment for the good peoples of Glasgow, "Childmen welcome"....
- I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark from the stated ethnic origins and guess that like the kiddy groomers in many English cities the perps were not believers in Methodism, Hassidic Judaism, Jain Buddhism or the doctrines of the Church of Latter Day Saints. In fact they'll all be adherents of one religion in particular, one that the authorities will go to almost any lengths to suggest does not have a social and political outlook that we should be worried about. Am I right?
- They keep all these grooming gangs secret so that the public don't turn against their insane immigration policies which are the root cause of ALL of these cases. . . keep sweeping the symptoms underneath the carpet and telling us to support the desolation of our country and our own destruction to 'help the economy' and 'be more diverse'.
- And a lovely big welcome to our 'new Scots'! Bravo Nicola, we really do need thousands more sexual abusers in Scotland. I've noticed for years that we are really lacking in this area!!!!!! That's some skills-gap you are filling there. You must be vewy pwoud!!!
- ...Why does nobody care? Like why am i reading this on a sun article. If Sargon hadn't made a vid, i wouldn't even know about it. The Snobs on TV clearly just don't care. They probably want it to happen for some sort of sick twisted form of reparations. How many times does this have to come to light, before people take action?
The perpetrators have empty hearts and that is a fate worse than anything. They're not getting anything over anyone but themselves.
Joshua of Fahrenheit211
First of all I'd like to thank EW for linking to my article. This is truly malfeasance on the part of Police Scotland as I can see no good reason for either hushing up this operation or even, as appears to have happened, hushing up convictions. This does have all the appearance of a deliberate cover up of a dangerous rape gang because of the particular group that these criminals come from. Whilst I understand and can accept that some police action to divert suspects from crime I have to ask how likely this is to be bearing in mind that there seems to be an ideological reason behind these offenders and offences? To the commenter who speaks of the 'empty hearts' in their comment, a quick question if I may? Are you referring to the rapist criminals or to the police as this description could apply to both?