But, of course. And he acted alone. The police reports last night of the second arrest and the other assailants sought have been withdrawn. From Sky news The Telegraph and the German edition of The Local
Dusseldorf An axe attacker who injured seven people at Dusseldorf train station acted alone and suffered from mental health problems, police say. Police have so far said there is no evidence that the attack was terror-related and that it is certain the suspect acted alone.
Authorities initially said several attackers were involved and arrested two on Thursday night in the midst of the police operation, but they have since all been released.
Authorities say the man is a 37-year-old from Kosovo in the former Yugoslavia, who currently lives in the western German city of Wuppertal and ‘obviously suffers from mental health problems.’
The man allegedly attacked passengers on a local train before also swinging the axe at members of the public in the train station’s main hall. News site Spiegel Online identified him as Fatmir H. (Fatmir is an Albanian name meaning ‘lucky’) and said he had told investigators that he had hoped to be shot dead by police following the random attack.
Three people were seriously injured, while four others sustained minor injuries, police said.