Leytonstone stabbing: Police warn more attacks ‘highly likely’ as officers treat Tube horror as ‘terrorist incident’
December 5, 2015
More news of tonights terrorist incident in my home town.
Police have warned that a terror attack is “highly likely” to hit the UK after revealing they are treating a horrific stabbing in a Tube Station as a terrorist.
Metropolitan Police called on members of the public to remain calm despite shocking video and images being circulated on the internet showing a blood-soaked London Underground station.
One person is in a serious condition in hospital while another two suffered minor injuries following the attack at Leytonstone Underground Station this evening.
A knife-wielding man is said to have began attacking commuters as they left the station at around 7pm tonight.
In a statement revealing officers were treating the attack as terrorism, Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: “We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.The threat from terrorism remains at severe, which means that a terrorist attack is highly likely.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the vicinity of Leytonstone underground station earlier this evening at around 7pm who saw anything suspicious to call the anti-terror hotline on 0800 789 321.
“Anyone who may have captured video or photographic footage of the incident is also urged to make contact with the Counter Terrorism Command via the Anti Terror hotline”.
. . . One man has sustained serious knife injuries; these are not believed at this stage to be life-threatening. Two other people have sustained minor injuries.”