These teachers either never knew of Gary Smith or are ignoring what happened to him 10 years ago. Probably the latter. The comments are the great thing and show how far we have travelled these last 10 years. Every single one is in support of the parents, and critical of left-leaning teachers and their PC indoctrination attempts. From the Telegraph.
“Prejudiced” parents are pulling their children from Religious Education classes because they don’t want them learning about Islam, teachers have warned.
Mothers and fathers are abusing their right to withdraw children from the classes, and this is hampering schools’ attempts to “prepare a child for life in modern Britain”, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers’ annual conference heard.
Delegates have agreed a resolution urging the Government to take steps to prevent parents from selectively withdrawing their children, specifically from the teaching of individual religions.
Proposing the motion, Richard Griffiths from the union’s Inner London branch, said that…the resolution was not against parents’ right to withdraw youngsters, but was concerned about evidence which suggested an increase in the abuse of the right, and the potential for it to be abused. Mr Griffiths argued that the right in the “rare cases” where parents’ religious beliefs provided genuine grounds for withdrawal was “very different to the cases of parents with certain prejudices including Islamophobia and antisemitism who wish to remove their children from certain lessons or visits to places of worship that would significantly hinder the ability of the school to prepare a child for life in modern Britain”.
Kim Knappett, the union’s vice president, said she had been shown a letter by a headteacher from a parent who was asking to selectively remove their child from RE and that “the letter was so foul” her answer was that they should refer it to the relevant authorities.
The motion urged the union to work with others to “determine the nature and extent of the selective use of the right of withdrawal”.
Comments such as
- So it is necessary to learn about Islam to understand modern Britain? You couldn’t make it up. Do the teachers also explain that a central tenet of Islam is to usurp all other religions – by force if neccesary?
- Great news. Lets start teaching the invading barbarians the story of Christianity.
- Good God, are we now to judge Britons by their rational aversion to the most destructive and invasive religion on the planet?
- Now you see the type of left wing zealots , churned out by the training colleges that are manipulating your children’s education from the age of 5.
- “Mothers and fathers are abusing their right to withdraw children from the classes, and this is hampering schools’ attempts to “prepare a child for life in modern Britain”,” Ah! So it is Official, Islam is going to be compulsory in the future!
- Left-wing teachers complain about their inability to brainwash yet another generation.. .The abuse of the system is not perpetrated by the parents but by ignorant Marxists trying to abuse children.