From the Yorkshire Post
Police investigating multiple suspected anti-Semitic attacks say the suspect is possibly from Yorkshire.
The Metropolitan Police believes five unprovoked assaults on Jewish people occurred in the Hackney area on August 18 – including a 64-year-old man in Stamford Hill reportedly knocked unconscious while on his way to a synagogue at 8.30pm. The other incidents reported on August 18 included a 30-year-old Jewish man who was struck on the head with a bottle in Cavenove Road at around 6.41pm, while a 14-year-old Jewish boy was assaulted in Holmdale Terrace at around 7.10pm.
Detectives have released images of the suspect who they believe could be from Yorkshire as he had a “northern accent”.
“We have recovered some CCTV capturing an apparent interaction between the man and shop staff in Seven Sisters Road which appears to indicate that the man may speak with a northern accent – possibly Yorkshire,” said Detective Chief Inspector Yasmin Lalani. “While this is a very new development, I am urging communities in those areas to look closely at the pictures we have released, which are of very good quality, and tell us immediately if they recognise the man. . . All of the victims reported that the man approached without warning and assaulted them before quickly leaving. He is not reported to have said anything. We retain an open mind behind the motive but the reported incidents are being treated as hate crimes. Efforts to trace a fourth suspected victim continue amid news that there was a fifth victim, who is now believed to be out of the country. We are working to get in touch with them to obtain a statement.”
A Met Police spokesman added: “One new line of enquiry is that the suspect is not local to the area and may have been visiting. Feedback from Jewish and Muslim communities so far indicates that the man has not been seen locally before.”